Religions, Cults, and Political Philosophies
PirateCraft has always had a sort of underlying collection of 'Religions', 'Cults' and 'Political Philosophies' within it's vibrancy.
Religions, cults, and philosophies are all internal movements among players that aim to covert other players; whereas political movements reflect player opinions on the status of the server.
Religions + Cults
Definition: A belief in a certain system or worship
- Church of England - a religion reflecting the real-life Church of England, used by British Empire
- Church of Missive - a religion centered around the automated message bot, Missive
- Cystianism - a religion centered around the player Cysteen
- God's Blade Cult - a small cult of players that worship swords
- Order of St Ender - a religion centered around The End
- Order of the Sun - a rival to St Ender, centered around the Sun
- Shockerboyism - a religion centered around Shockerboy169
- Shrekism - a religion centered around Shrek
- The Crusty Carol - a religion centered around Carol, the one true God
Definition: a theory of attitude that acts as a guiding principle for behaviour
Definition: a philosophy on the server as a whole, as opposed to internal roleplay. Essentially, viewpoints on what path the server should take.
- Empirism - a movement that believes the server favors pvpers too much, and push for a less pvp-orientated agenda.
- Passivism - a movement aiming to reduce levels of pvp via stricter rules, removing siege, or removing pvp altogether.
- Conservatism - a movement aiming to keep the current status quo of drama, and ensure both pvp and non-pvp playstyles remain equally viable.
- Cysteenism - a movement aiming to more strongly moderate toxicity and drama as a whole, and create a more friendly environment (not to be confused with Cystianism).
- Shrekism (political) - a movement that believes the server favors 'passive players' and builders too much, and push for a more pvp/battle-orientated agenda.
- Anarchism - a movement aiming to strongly reduce staff moderation, influence on drama, and number of rules.
- Renaissance - a movement favoring resetting the Piratecraft world to offer everyone a fresh restart.