Settlements are areas of habitation created by players. The can take many forms, among others ports, villages, towns, cities, ghettos, etc. A settlement is different from a base in that it is a center of commerce, culture and expansion. Typically, a settlement will encompass a number of buildings and a system of streets. The average settlement needn't house more than one player.
The title of "town" is reserved for settlements with a certain level of prestige. To be upgraded to official town status, it is necessary to the meet the following requirements:
- The applicant settlement must be listed on the official settlements thread on the PirateCraft forums
- It must possess one Town Hall (Could be used for planning the town, Sign wall inside.)
- There must be walkways/roads/paths connecting all builds (Bonus points for connecting to other towns/landmarks)
- There must be one Beacon present
- A town must have shops selling at least 50 stocked wares OR it must have an arena.
- Building architecture should follow similar themes and each building should feature characteristics of that building, i.e A church wouldn’t just be a square box with a sign on the front saying “Church”.
- Buildings can not be hollow shells. Houses need to have furnished rooms.
- Five more buildings of different types are required. Some ideas:
Blacksmith Farm(s) Square center Arena Stables Shop Church / Temple / Alt (For enhancements?) Port if (coastal) lighthouse (coastal) Train station with railway leading to a landmark. Storage Public Mine Trade Market(s) Rental properties (Sub claimed real estate) Bank (Not sure how this would work) Maybe a Piston based Vault? Walls/Moat/bridge