Build of the Month
Piratecraft Build of the Month Official Rules
Description: Build of the Month (BOTM) is a monthly build competition, where players enter their builds and a winner is decided by Community vote. Voting is done via online poll. The winner will receive a prize, and his/her build will receive an automatic entry into the Build of the Year (BOTY) Competition.
- Each player may submit a maximum of one(1) entry per month.
- A player is allowed to re-submit a non-winning build once every six months. Resubmissions before this waiting period will result in disqualification.
- Each entry must be submitted by the 10th day of the competition month at 23:59 UTC. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- If a minimum of three (3) entries have not been submitted by the deadline, the competition for that month will be cancelled.
- No alterations to an entry may be made during the competition period. If an entry is altered during the competition, it will be automatically disqualified.
- There are no size limits.
- Any type of build can be submitted, from a simple garden shed to a fully working city.
- Entrants may submit a build progress report.
- Screenshots & renders will be taken by the Media Team. The resource pack to be used is S&K Photorealism 512 (or Chroma Hills if needed), with SEUS Shaders.
- Entrants may request specific screenshots to be taken. The media team will honor these requests at their discretion.
- The use of building mods (eg. Schematica) is strictly prohibited. Any player caught using such mods will be immediately disqualified, and the player barred from entering future BOTM competitions.
- Voting shall be conducted via online poll on the PirateCraft website.
- Only one vote per user is allowed during each voting period. Duplicate votes will not be counted.
- Bribery is not allowed. If a player, or their crew, compensates another player for their vote, the entry will be immediately disqualified, and the player barred from entering future BOTM competitions.
- Extortion is not allowed. If a player, or their crew, threatens, attacks, or otherwise intimidates another player into voting, the entry will be immediately disqualified, and the player barred from entering future BOTM competitions.
- Each competition will run from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.
- The deadline to submit entries is the 10th day of the month at 23:59 UTC.
- Voting will take place from the 16th day of the month until the 23rd day of the month.
- The winner will be announced on the 1st day of the following month, the same day on which the next competition will begin.