Build of the Month
Piratecraft Build of the Month Official Rules
Updated 8/26/2018 by Rivvur
Description: Build of the Month (BOTM) is a monthly build competition, where players enter their builds and the winners are decided by the staff members of PirateCraft. The winners will receive a prize, and his/her build will receive an automatic entry into the Build of the Year (BOTY) Competition if it is ran that year.
- Each player may submit a maximum of one(1) entry per month.
- A player is allowed to re-submit a non-winning build once every six months. Resubmissions before this waiting period will result in disqualification.
- Each entry must be submitted by the 10th day of the competition month at 23:59 UTC. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- If a minimum of three (3) entries have not been submitted by the deadline, the competition for that month will be cancelled.
- No alterations to an entry may be made during the competition period. If an entry is altered during the competition, it will be automatically disqualified.
- There are no size limits.
- Any type of build can be submitted, from a simple garden shed to a fully working city.
- Entrants may submit a build progress report.
- Screenshots & renders will be taken by the Media Team. The resource pack to be used is Conquest with SEUS Shaders.
- Entrants may request specific screenshots to be taken. The media team will honor these requests at their discretion.
- The use of building mods (eg. Schematica) is strictly prohibited. Any player caught using such mods will be immediately disqualified, and the player barred from entering future BOTM competitions.
Voting Rules: Due to heavy bias within the community (only voting for friend's/crew mate's builds and not the best build) voting has been reserved to staff members.
- Each competition will run from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.
- The deadline to submit entries is the 10th day of the month at 23:59 UTC.
- Voting will take place from the 16th day of the month until the 23rd day of the month.
- The winner will be announced on the 1st day of the following month, the same day on which the next competition will begin.